April Becerra, CAE
I am a 25 year Certified Association Executive (CAE) with an extensive background in nonprofit management who is comfortable and competent working with high level executives. I represent my clients with only the highest degree of decorum and leave a positive impression on all those who I interface with. I possess leadership and innovation skills,including the ability to anticipate the next phase of an organization’s life and what is needed to support growth. Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; and lastly demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and in systems.
I come from a background of working with an association management company and enjoyed the ability to work with so many diverse professions with different needs. It was a huge part of my own professional development.
A few more details about me:
- I provide all management support for continuing medical educational events. These consist of live meetings, destination meetings as well as online education.
- I assist in the development of programs that meet the lifelong learning needs of our physician members.
- I work with industry representatives in securing other sources of revenue for our events, develop a marketing and promotion plan to ensure a strong attendance for all meetings, as well as provide all pre and onsite logistics with the resorts or other facilities we utilize.
- I serve small business owners in the development of their online marketing campaigns for driving brand awareness and engagement. Assist clients with social media presence, and develop Word Press websites as well as custom websites.
- As Executive Director, I serve numerous roles including webmaster, newsletter editor, bookkeeper, special event planner and of course the executive representing the association to the community, board of directors and its members.